Today I was lucky enough to speak with Michael Terpin, a serial cryptocurrency entrepreneur and technology startup extraordinaire. With a background in PR and a robust track record as founder of multiple million dollar companies, Michael is no stranger to big business. He has continually redefined himself over the past two decades by strategically placing his businesses and his investments to take advantage of the internet boom and forever evolving tech industry.
In this episode Michael reveals some fascinating insights into the future of cryptocurrencies – a multi billion dollar industry which is rapidly expanding across the globe. As co-founder of Bit Angels, a company geared towards bitcoin investors, Michael has quickly risen to prominence within the industry.
If you’ve ever wondered about cryptocurrencies and how they apply to the world not only today but well into the future, then this episode is a must listen!
In this episode you’ll discover:
7:30: The number ONE mistake that Michael sees most cryptocurrency startups make.
10:40: The different kinds of cryptocurrencies and what’s hot right now.
15:24: Where Michael invests his money
18:45: Michael’s top criteria for investing in cryptocurrencies.
20:50: How to legally pay 0% tax by living in Puerto Rico.
39: 48: The apps and software missing in the cryptocurrency world today.
42: 08: Michael’s definition of freedom
Important notes from this episode:
- Bit Angels: Michael’s latest startup geared towards Bitcoin investors.
- DASH: A privacy-centric digital currency with instant transactions based on the Bitcoin software.
- Market Wired: A company providing new release and communication solutions to PR, IR and marketing professionals. Michael founded and sold this company for $35 million in 2006.
- Ethereum: A decentralized platform that runs smart contracts: applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship, fraud or third party interference.
- Click here for for more information on DAPPS.
- Find out more about the tax breaks in Puerto Rico.
“These days it only makes sense to use digital currencies. A penny in the United States costs two pennies to make. It’s possible that 20 years from now we won’t ever need to walk into banks to make transactions and file checks; just like before mobile phones – you had to physically be at home to answer your phone – times are changing we are well and truly in the digital age.”
“Cryptocurrencies are great because they allow users to track their spending and allow digital marketplaces to be fully accountable. This is a huge reason why nations with unstable economies, especially those that rely on other currencies (ie. the US dollar), are looking to make their financials more transparent.”
Connect with Michael
Thanks for listening!
If you enjoyed this podcast please share it with your friends and leave a review on iTunes.
For questions, comments or suggestions simply enter your message below.
Leave a Reply