Why is setting goals important?
Re-Setting your goals
Most people have the wrong goals in mind. Why do I say that? Because they think they need 20 millions dollars in the bank account to be happy… but what for? Does having 20 millions in the bank account translate directly into more happiness or it’s what 20 millions can buy that will make you happy? With the money you can travel to places you always dreamed of. Finally quit your job and spend time doing things that you really enjoy like learning to play an instrument, work on a business idea that was haunting you for a long time or spend more time with your loved one.
So how do you set goals?
Start with the end in mind… Your funerals
Split your goals into 5 timeframe.
- 20 years from now, what are 3-5 things you want to have achieve? (This is the long term terms goal. Where do you want to live, who do you want to be with? how much money in the bank Be as precise as possible?)
- 3 years (This is long terms but closer to today. Where do you want your business to be in the next 3 years? Those are projections. Remember to aim high)
- 1 year ( Mi-terms goals, taking those 3 years goals, what would you need to achieve by the end of the year to get you closer to realizing them)
- 3 months (Those are your short terms goals, Take your yearly goals and break them down into actionable chunk.)
- 1 months (This is when the wheels hit the pavement, breakdown the 3 months goals into smaller task for this month. Ex: write 8 blog post, post 8 videos on youtube, etc…)
Every day, write down 2-3 goals to achieve that day, only go to sleep when they are achieved. Repeat every morning.
Being rich is not a good goal. Making 50K/month, owning a yellow Lamborghini and having a vacation home in Colorado is much better. Be as precise as possible.